Skip Navigation Links
| | |
Skip Navigation Links
Free DBA Filing
Pricing / Fees
DBA Doing Business As Quiz
Get Free DBA
What Do I Need?
Mobile Version
| | |

What Licenses Do I Need?

What Licenses Do I Need?
If you use a trade name, you need to file a DBA.  If you file an LLC or Corporation, you don't need to file a DBA.  You can file a dba, llc, corporation, and get tax ids and licensing here on this site.

You will need a business license and an EIN because all businesses need these two.

In addition, you will need a STATE EIN if you will hire employees. 

Finally,  if you sell taxable, tangible items, and you need to buy the wholesale, and sell them retail and collect taxes ( you are required to do so ), you need a seller's permit.

A Free DBA Filing is the same as a Free fictitious firm name filing which is the same as a trade name.

It is the name of the business when officially registered with the government.

For example, you do business as a sole proprietor using the business name "National Remodeling Company".

The business name is called a fictitious firm name (as in Nevada).

In other states, it goes by a fictitious business name, as in California, and assumed business name in Texas or Business Name Certificate in New York etc.

It is also known as Doing Business As ( DBA ) because a business is doing business as a certain name as in the example above.

The point is that it has to be registered with a DBA certificate and in some cases also be published in a legal newspaper and a proof of publication obtained. You can obtain it here online.